Bands want to be seen, not heard.
We're back home bruised, humbled and shocked after the gig.
• You guessed it. We like pop music.
• The next big thing, they want to sound like their favourite band - and that's it. They don't want to take their favourite sounds any further.
• We say imitation is not enough.
• We are bored. We want to dance. We want to hear something new. While dancing.
• Nobody else is going to do that for us.
• Your average band couldn't care less what they sound like. It's low on the list, if it's on the list at all.
There are some people that travel their own path. Regardless. And fill us full of joy and hope as a consequence.
Little Specks of Blood Lust Blood
This Mono Galaxy
Fall of Efrafa
People like Meatbreak, DJ Sara Proxy, Elementary Productions, Martin Oldgoth, DJ Cavey Nick and DJ Bill Buttock. Two fingers up to what 'you should do'.
So excuse us, if we bow out, while still listening to Wiley, Magazine, Beyonce, Ivor Cutler, Autechre, The Clash, Kate Bush - and whatever else takes our fancy.
None of their rules. Don't call it a day. Make a night of it.
(Lee celebrates a job well done)
And if you actually believe that we are giving up, you can piss off and leave us alone.
Lee / Milk.
The Mekano Set